I’ve been in a funk lately. There are a few reasons, but that is no excuse. We are always told life is short, right? We should live it to the fullest. So why am I wasting my time worrying about things that in the grand scheme of life, really aren’t all that important. Oh, that’s right. It is because I am human and my personality causes me to worry about things that I really shouldn’t concern myself with. Snap out of it, Lauren. Right…..Now……!
Thanks to a Bright Eyes song that randomly came on my iTunes, I decided I need to stop. Just stop being so, well, blah. Maybe it is the weather, maybe it is just me being a silly girl. Who knows. But instead of dwelling on negative things, I need to start being thankful for the things I do have. Like:
- My health – I am young and besides the occasional headaches, I can’t really complain about any major issues.
- The Hubs – While every marriage has those moments, ours has been incredibly blessed. Considering the short amount of time we dated, I feel like we jumped in with two feet and decided that this is for life. Not just until things get too hard, but for the rest of our lives. I can’t tell you how many times I have just looked at him and realized how awesome I really have it, despite my complaining
- My family – Even though our closest family member is 900 miles away, we still have amazing relationships. Or maybe it is amazing because we live 900 miles away? I kid. I kid. I have the most supportive family a girl could ask for. They don’t always tell me what I want to hear, but they give me a good does of reality which is what I need. My siblings have become some of my best friends and someday I hope to say that about all 8 of them!
- My friends – I am lucky enough to have friends in all different areas of the country due to our moving around. Some I have known my whole life and others I have just developed relationships with. No matter how long we’ve been friends, I am blessed to be surrounded by an amazing group of friends who make me laugh and inspire me.
- My dog – “Ugh. She is one of those people.” Hold up. I do love my dog, but the one thing I am thankful for about him is the fact that no matter how bratty I may be or how inattentive I am, every time I walk into the door he acts like he is the happiest animal ever. I need to be more like that.
Ultimately, there is no reason for me to be sad. None at all. So for me, despite the clouds and rain, I will be grateful for this day.
Be grateful today.
PS. Sorry for all the sappiness. I promise the next one will be lighter